WHAT IS THIS TOOL?
This online tool can help you decompile Python bytecode back into equivalent Python source code, which is to convert .pyc/.pyo file to .py file, aka: Python decompiler, pyc to py converter.
This online tool is completely free to use, you don't have to download any software for such task. The decompiled Python source code is very readable with pretty syntax highlight.
WHO NEEDS THIS TOOL?
- The people who lost his/her Python source files, but still has the .pyc/.pyo files.
- The people who want to crack malware written in Python.
- The people who want to study Python compilation/decompilation.
HOW TO USE THIS TOOL?
Click above button to choose a Python bytecode file (.pyc/.pyo) which will be uploaded to server for decompilation, wait for a while, the equivalent Python source code will be replied to you.
You cannot decompile a file twice continuously, if you need to re-decompile a file, you can:
- Refresh this page firstly, then choose the file which you want to re-decompile, or
- Choose other file firstly, then choose the file which you want to re-decompile.
If you run into any problems, please check below points:
- If nothing replied to you after a long time, it maybe due to bad network condition or your .pyc/.pyo file is too large, please wait patiently or try again under a good network condition.
- If an error string with red color replied to you, it means this online tool unable to decompile your .pyc/.pyo file, you may consider other paid service.
This online tool cannot decompile Microsoft Windows EXE files which created by Py2EXE, PyInstaller, cx_Freeze and so on, you could extract it to .pyc/.pyo files and then try to decompile them by this online tool.
WHICH PYTHON VERSIONS ARE SUPPORTED?
This online tool supports bytecodes from Python version 1.0 to version 3.8, almost all versions. Details are as following:
- Python 1.0 (1994/01)
- Python 1.2 (1995/04/10)
- Python 1.3 (1995/10/12)
- Python 1.4 (1996/10/25)
- Python 1.5 (1997/12/31)
- Python 1.6 (2000/09/05)
- Python 2.0 (2000/10/16)
- Python 2.1 (2001/04/15)
- Python 2.2 (2001/12/21)
- Python 2.3 (2003/07/29)
- Python 2.4 (2004/11/30)
- Python 2.5 (2006/09/19)
- Python 2.6 (2008/10/01)
- Python 2.7 (2010/07/03)
- Python 3.0 (2008/12/03)
- Python 3.1 (2009/06/27)
- Python 3.2 (2011/02/20)
- Python 3.3 (2012/09/29)
- Python 3.4 (2014/03/16)
- Python 3.5 (2015/09/13)
- Python 3.6 (2016/12/23)
- Python 3.7 (2018/06/27)
- Python 3.8 (2019/10/14)
HOW TO PROTECT MY FILE?
All communications with the server are made through secure SSL encrypted connections (https) which are safe and seure, the uploaded .pyc/.pyo file is processed in memory (NOT stored in disk) and will be released ASAP.
Here's a short explanation what is done with your .pyc/.pyo file:
- The .pyc/.pyo file is uploaded to server and kept in in-memory file.
- Python bytecode is read and decompiled in memory.
- The in-memory file is released and decompiled source code is replied to you.